575-7950 box 8394 (Voice message will go directly to my email) Text messages UNacceptable.
Family & Consumer Science Office is located in John MUIR 157 (West Campus) 575-6343
FAMLF 131 (Click here to go to the syllabus and course page)
Week 03: June 27, June 29
* Guest presentation, Sgt. Lloyd Jackson, Campus Safety Officer, 6/27. Quiz to follow.
* Read/Scan Chap. 3, "American Ways of Love" in Human Intimacy text. Review Power Point.
* Discussion of Genogram assignment will continue. Basic Genogram and Genogram Symbols are the handouts that can be found under "Resource" links on next page. Genogram assignment is due in class 6/29. No late assignments accepted without penalty.
* Terminology Quiz on 6/29 covering Chaps 1 & 2. PLEASE BRING SCANTRON 882-E & pencil.
* There will be no class on Mon, 7/4.
* * *
The Wisdom of Fred Rogers...
"There is no normal life that is free of pain. It's the very wrestling with our problems that can be the impetus for our growth".
* * *
Welcome to FAMILY LIFE 131!
Professor Karen Wells with Mom, son and two granddaughters; photo taken June 2004, 5 months before her Mom died.
What is Family? What is a generation? What is your family of origin? Of procreation? Does everyone have a family? And who gets to tell the story of the family? There is a great quote that may be anonymous, but Sesame Street of PBS thrives with these words: "A child's story is yet to be told".
The Family Life 131 course embraces the paradigm of the family "story", its identification and composition, and its evolving structure in today's American society. MJC's Family & Consumer Science Division and Professor Wells invite the students to participate with a willingness to look closely at other perspectives while giving credence to their own experiential knowledge of the family story. It is hoped to be a most worthwhile learning endeavor here at MJC. Welcome!
* * *
"HOW did you say I got here????" No way, dude!
I better review Chap 9!!!
* * *