575-7950 box 8394 (Voice message will go directly to my email) Text messages UNacceptable.
Family & Consumer Science Office is located in John MUIR 157 (West Campus) (209) 575-6343
FAMLF 131 (Click here to go to the Resource page).
* Sect #4139,Tues, 8:45-11:50am. * Sect # 4157, Tues, 1:30-4:35pm.
*Classes meet in Muir 155 (West)
WEEK 16: December 10, 2019 FINALS!!!
* ROOM CHANGE: Return to MUIR 155 for 12/10, Final Exam! 8:30 am for #4139; 1:00 pm for #4157
*please bring Scantron 882-e & dark pencil. Multiple Choice/True-False format.
* * * Review terms of Chaps. 9, 10, 11, 12
* Review list of student-selected terms, and Chaps. 1,2,3,4 covered in First Exam.
FAMLF131 Student-selected Terms here:
* * * Students are responsible for checking posted grades for any missing posts, questions about point totals, and checking for any work that was not returned to Instructor for full credit. (All grades to-date should be posted by 12/10/19.)
The Wisdom of Fred Rogers...
"There is no normal life that is free of pain. It's the very wrestling with our problems that can be the impetus for our growth".
* * *
Welcome to FAMILY LIFE 131!
Professor Karen Wells with Mom, son and two granddaughters; photo taken June 2004, 5 months before her Mom died.
What is Family? What is a generation? What is your family of origin? Of procreation? Does everyone have a family? And who gets to tell the story of the family? There is a great quote that may be anonymous, but Sesame Street of PBS thrives with these words: "A child's story is yet to be told".
The Family Life 131 course embraces the paradigm of the family "story", its identification and composition, and its evolving structure in today's American society. MJC's Family & Consumer Science Division and Professor Wells invite the students to participate with a willingness to look closely at other perspectives while giving credence to their own experiential knowledge of the family story. It is hoped to be a most worthwhile learning endeavor here at MJC. Welcome!